Whether you jetted off somewhere or stayed to battle the...Read More
Sport and a full-time job
How to find the motivation to exercise
If you have a stressful or demanding job, you might not think you have time for exercise. It can be hard to maintain a routine when you’re busy, but it’s important to make time for sport and find a healthy work life balance. If your body is healthy, your mind will be healthy and vice versa.
The benefits of sport
- Can help you sleep better by getting into a deeper sleep and falling asleep faster
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Releases endorphins which naturally puts you in a better mood
- Can improve concentration and focus after a long day of work
- Can boost creativity and motivation during a mental block
- Boosts self-confidence as you start to realise your strength
- Improves team building and leadership skills as you win/lose together
- Can help you clear your head and see things from a different perspective
So how do you get started?
It can be hard to get into sport if you’re stuck in a loop. It might seem like you don’t have time for a new activity, but the reality is that you need to make time.
Start by setting one small goal for yourself, such as exercising once a week, or trying different sports until you find one you like. It’s important to disconnect and make time for yourself no matter what is going on around you.
You need to break the negative cycle that you’re stuck in. Change your mindset and start seeing it as something that you’re doing for yourself, rather than something you have to do. Remember that you will reap the benefits once you start. Instead of staring at a blank screen or having to redo your work multiple times, take a break, move your body and come back stronger.